Forthcoming Special Issue: Call for Papers
Innovation, Technology and Sustainability: Brazilian and Nordic Experiences
This Special Issue is dedicated to business innovation and research surrounding sustainability issues as they play out in Brazil and in Nordic countries, particularly Norway and Sweden. Encompassing empirical and multidisciplinary work, it will explore developments in the theory and application of business innovation strategies, innovation for sustainability, technology adaptation, transnational studies, and methods and tools to enhance competitiveness. The Special Issue's principal goal is to communicate new research and conceptual advances in business innovation in Scandinavia and Brazil to a wide range of readers, including scholars, technical officers, and decision-makers.
This Special Issue was devised within the context of the Business Innovation and Sustainability (IRDS) Project, which led to the implementation of the IRDS Survey in Sweden, Norway, and Brazil as a joint effort by Tekinnova Nordic, the Swedish-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce (Swedcham), and the Norwegian-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce (NBCC).
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- business models innovation
- open innovation
- innovation management research and practice
- multinational innovation strategy, strategic alliances, and BPR
- innovation/research in oil and natural gas
- ICT cutting-edge research, analytical methods, and techniques
- new product and process innovation in the service industries
- empirical analyses, case studies, and performance measures
- benchmarking/best practices in innovation activities
- technological innovation and knowledge management
- creative and innovative business sustainability
- environmental standards
Lead Guest Editor: Rita S. Senise, IRDS Business Innovation and Sustainability Project, Executive Coordination, Tekinnova Nordic AB
Mira Kajko-Mattsson, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
Milan Stanko, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Robert Sbragia, University of São Paulo (USP)
Evando Mirra de Paula e Silva, Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG)
Step 1 - Please first email an expression of interest, consisting of a 200-word abstract, to Dr. Rita Senise via email@example.com.
Step 2 - If your abstract is approved, you may then submit your full article here.
Before submitting your full manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read our Submission Guidelines. To ensure that you submit to the correct Special Issue, select the thematic series on "Innovation, Technology and Sustainability" from the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that your abstract has been approved for submission. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Articles in this Special Issue will benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
If you have questions about the submission process, please contact Lead Guest Editor Rita S. Senise.
Sign up for article alerts to stay updated on articles published in the Journal - including articles published in this Special Issue!